Exceeding guests’ expectations begins with the culture of you restaurant, which is created by the restaurant managers and the employees themselves. This culture has a huge impact on guests and guest delight.
Here are five tips on creating the best possible environment for delighting guests.
- Value your team. When employees feel valued, they’re more likely to provide top-notch customer service. In order to get this right, you need to train your managers and then incent them to do things that makes employees feel nurtured and valued.
- Define who does what. Every team member should know what their responsibilities are and receive training to perform each.
- Manager to store ratio. If you have multiple locations, keep the management ratio low. It's important for employees to have direct contact with owners and managers as often as possible.
- Quality is Job 1. Teach everyone what quality means in both service and product. Then make sure everyone is an inspector—make the entire team responsible for quality and give everyone the power to “shut down the line” if the quality is not up to snuff.
- Service is half the battle. Guests want to be treated well. And they want to be treated well consistently. Put together a model for guest interactions and teach it. Then take the time to make sure that everyone adheres to it—this can take a little while, but is worth the effort. It can be as simple as saying "my pleasure" when someone says "thank you."
One of the best ways to train the standards in any restaurant is to use some simple eLearning. Find out more about how you can implement eLearning in your restaurant