How to Accelerate Your Choice for an eLearning Solution
Billy Crystal said it best in his famous line from the iconic When Harry Met Sally: “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” Well, we feel the same way about finding the best eLearning solution: When you realize you need better training, you want access to it right away.
However, as nice as it would be to find the right eLearning solution with just a snap of your fingers, there are a few things you might need to take care of first. After all, you don’t just want any old training, you want the very best option.
But don’t worry; that doesn’t mean you can’t still get started today. In fact, we’ve put together a list of organizational tips to set you out on the right path. By having all your “ducks in a row” ahead of time, you can ensure that when you do find that perfect eLearning solution, you’ll be prepared to commit right away.
5 Steps to Get You On The Right Path to Better Training
- Define your goals: Before you begin researching training options, take a little time to clearly define your needs and goals. The better picture you have of what you’re looking for, the quicker you’ll know when you find it. Remember your goals are specific to your company—just because an eLearning solution is the best rated doesn’t mean it has everything you need.
- Streamline your basic processes: Designing a new eLearning course can be time consuming, but you don’t want your basic processes to suffer as a result. Taking the time to optimize your efficiency and prepare your team can help to make the transition easier. Simplifying your processes can help avoid basic blunders and keep you on track. To help, check out team management software options like Basecamp, Liquid Planner or Podio.
- Get organized: If there’s a new filing system or chain of command you’ve been meaning to put in place, now is the time. Prioritizing organization will allow your company to run more smoothly as you embrace a new eLearning solution. Don’t let small details like a messy desk throw you off your game. Dedicating time to getting organized can save you several headaches down the line.
- Be the ruler of your inbox: If your email inbox is a place where important messages go to die, now is the time to take control. You could dedicate a certain amount of time each week to cleaning out your inbox or create a filing system that helps you keep track of important messages. Find processes for reading, saving and sending messages that allow you to maintain your relationships and stay on top of your to-do list.
- Get to the point: A large part of being efficient is cutting out time wasters. When you hold a meeting, don’t use up any more of your team members’ time than you need to. Keep it simple and get to the point. They’ll appreciate that you value their time and you’ll be able to get back to work.
With these five steps under control, you’ll be ready to accelerate your choice for the perfect eLearning solution without affecting the harmony of your office. The extra preparation can go a long way in ensuring your training is as successful as possible.
Think you’re ready to start your search for the perfect eLearning solution? Check out what Expand can offer.